Saturday, January 30, 2010

Making Decisions



Growing up, I always thought about the decisions I would have to make. I know what kind of food I like, I know what I like to wear, I know what colors make me smile. But somewhere between dressing myself in honestly the most beautiful, most comfortable Little Mermaid matching shirt and shorts: knowing what I like and picking out what to wear, eat, buy got more complicated.

I'm not quite sure that it's that I'm trying to impress others so much. I mean I can pick what I like... well, in theory. I guess I always wonder what else is there, I wonder that once I've made the decision I'll realize that it wasn't the best one and I'll want to go back and choose again to make sure it fits just right.

Well... in all the decisions first the decision to follow Christ is one I've never thought about going back on. That has changed my life indefinitely, without a doubt.

But ladies and gentlemen, I've found the Little Mermaid shirt that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Kyle. He's amazing. I don't worry or wonder that there's anything else better out there or that maybe I've made the wrong decision... nope. There honestly is not another person that was made more for me, or that I was made more for. I know what I like, I know what I love. And picking him, has been the (2nd) easiest decision I've ever made.

So we're getting married! in 98 days actually, and while the decision to marry him was perfect... well the decisions about the wedding keep on coming and I have no idea the color palette or the theme, or what we'll eat, or what the flowers will be.

I look at blogs, and pictures, and talk to friends about ideas. But I want to find the one that's the Little Mermaid shirt, that I love, that's me, that I look at and honestly couldn't imagine a better choice. A wedding that is a picture of the man I've found that loves me more than I could imagine.

The bridesmaids dresses are jewel-toned purple. And well, that's all we've got. And it'll be outside in the -perfect- location. Other than that...

Looking for the 'little mermaid' of weddings,
BeeKay

No comments:

Post a Comment