Sunday, January 31, 2010
French Toast Merci!
Here's an old favorite, I know. But I figured, not everyone knows how to make it, honestly. But it's so easy. With the ingredients you would use for toast, scrambled egg, plus a few house pantry staples... you've got a yummy, Saturday breakfast.
-De rien (Your welcome :)
French Toast Merci
(Makes One Serving)
1 Medium Egg
1/4 Cup Skim Milk (or whatever kind you have)
Pinch of Cinnamon
Little Drop of Vanilla Extract
3 Slices 100% Whole Grain Wheat (or whatever kind you have)
1. Heat non-stick skillet to Med-High. (If using regular skillet, simply spray with cooking spray)
2. Mix egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in bowl. Make sure yolks break.
3. Dip 1 slice of bread into mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
4. Throw that break in the pan. NOTE: It may drip :)
5. Wait approximately the time you would wait when flipping an egg (maybe 1/2-1 minute) and flip. NOTE: If it gets black real fast, turn the heat down. You want golden brown :)
6. Repeat for the last two slices of bread. At some point there may be the slippery part of the egg in a lump on one side of one piece of bread, no worries, that's yummy, just slop that bread into the pan.
7. Layer bread, sprinkles of powdered sugar, and syrup.
NOTE to DIABETICS: This is not the meal for you. UNLESS you skip the powdered sugar and use sugar free syrup. In that case it's about 3 carbs choices (45 grams of carbohydrate) and 1 protein.
Feel free to add fruit, especially bananas. I'll get around to making and posting banana stuffed french toast on Hawaiian sweet bread...soon.